Pick a theme that is significant to you.
- Halloween Party – Best when getting married within a few weeks of Halloween. Invite guests to wear a Halloween costume and you can even change into one mid-way through the night as well. Pair it with a candy bar or a candy throw for the kids. Some festive music mixed in also helps the ambiance.
- Country Western – Fancy leather boots, chaps, and 10 gallon hats mixed with classic western music and line dances. The best setting is a western styled dance hall or cleaned up barn.
- Sci-Fi Adventure – What could be wrong about wearing your favorite trekkie uniform to a wedding, nothing as far as I’m concerned. Some things to consider would be bringing a special cameo appearance of your favorite character, an epic lightsaber battle during the first dance, or laser tag set up in the lobby. So many ideas, let your imagination run wild.
- Classic Hollywood – Red carpet with a paparazzi line-up, spotlights, and maybe even dress like your favorite Hollywood icon. For an added bonus you could hire service staff to impersonate famous icons like Monroe, Clark Gable, or Lucille Ball. You couldn’t go wrong with a creatively named, themed drink at the bar either.
- Beach Theme – Typically works best if your reception is on a beach or by a pool. Tiki torches, drinks with umbrellas, and beach games fit in perfectly with this theme. Invite your guests to bring swimsuits if they wish. Even you can hop in for a swim, after all your photographic moments are done. Plan on this either at an indoor pool venue or outdoors during warm weather months. Have a backup in case weather doesn’t cooperate.